Sunday, April 6, 2014

Roasted Pumpkin with Cayenne and olive oil


I always love the taste of roasted pumpkin. I adore them especially in my salad. Pumpkins with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and ooohhhh~ so lovely. 


I saw some fresh pumpkin at the supermarket. They took on an earthly orange hue that was so pleasing to the eye that I simply couldn’t resist picking up one of those. There are countless ways to enjoy a pumpkin. The last time I made pumpkin soup with a dash of cream and potatoes- blended everything up smoothly and the result was a smooth soup that was tasty, sweet and healthy. No artificial flavouring and MSG of any sort. 

This time round, I wanted to enjoy the pumpkin in a more untouched form. So I diced them, drizzled abit of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper, cayenne and baked them in an oven for 20min. Finished with a touch of sunflower seeds and dried cranberries and viola. A yummy dish that is simple to create for anyone in a hurry but needed their pumpkin fix.


Recipe

Ingredients:

1/4 pumpkin, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
sea salt
Black pepper
Dried cranberries
1/8 cup dried cranberries
cayenne pepper


Steps:

1) Preheat oven to 175C

2) Dice golden pumpkin into small cubes

3) Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, cayenne and olive oil and bake in a heatproof dish for 15 min or till soft. 

4) Serve with dried cranberries and toasted sunflower seeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment