Good Morning Earthlings. Guess what time it is?
It's breakfast time of course. The best meal of the day!
I finally made a scrambled egg that I’m happy with. After countless times of cooking eggs different ways and testing out recipes, I finally found the method of cooking that works for me. It is none other than Gordon Ramsay’s on and off the stove method. His method of cooking is pretty much like Heston just that the latter does it over a bain marie and Gordon does it directly over the stove.
I was a little lazy to do the bain marie method so I just went with the stove method.
This method of cooking involves cooking the eggs on and off stove several times. This ensures that the eggs do not get overcooked at any point in time. You can also decide on how”liquid” your eggs look. Not sure if that’’s the correct term to describe eggs haha coz it pretty much sounds like it is uncooked. But you know what I mean. That shiny, velvety texture seen in Gordon’s eggs that speaks to you from your screen. You can almost taste it and imagine how the eggs would take on a melt in your mouth texture. Period. Sorry, I get all excited whenever I talk about eggs coz I simply can’t live without them ;)
You have to constantly stir the eggs to make sure it doesn’t get overcooked . When you think it has reached your desired texture, remove from heat and add the cream. This is to prevent the egg from constantly cooking. Now’s the time to season and taste the eggs. Garnish with chives and serve yummy on toast.
1 tbsp cream
knob of butter
1) Crack eggs (Whole eggs) into a pan together with a knob of butter ( about 1-2 tsp) and cook over low heat, stirring constantly for a good 5-8 minutes.
2) Once the eggs start to set a little, take pan off the stove and stir
3) Bring pan back to stove and stir until creamy/ desired consistency
4) Remove pan from heat and stir in cream
5) Season with salt and pepper ( to taste)
6) Garnish with chives
7) Serve hot on toast and enjoy!!